Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help !

I am thinking of selling my saab 9000, and I have no clue what price to advertise it for.

Exact details of car are...
Light blue, with biege leather (VGC), the vehicle has a few stone chip marks on the bonnet
1997 MY Saab 9000 2.3tCSE, manual, all usual CSE refinements, all of which are working, including climate. 12months MOT, 6 months tax 115K with FSH and 2 previous owners, plus previous MOT's and receipts

Also fitted:-
Abbott Racing ECU upgrade
Abbott Racing Intake Pipe
Abbott Racing Downpipe, flex pipe, centre section and no catalyst
Predator Motorsport Backbox
Abbott Racing Induction Kit
Abbott Racing Manual Boost Controller
Heater Plate Removal
Bailey Twin Piston Recirc Dump Valve
Elkparts Front Strut Brace
TSW 7"x17" wheels (&locking nuts)
Falken 215/45/ZR17 Tyres
Saab Aero Dampers
AVO -40mm lowering Springs
Aero rear spoiler
In car calibrated boost gauge
Abbott Racing Uprated Actuator
New disks and pads all round
Intercooler spray system with in car switching

The Vehicle was fitted with an APC when converted from an LPT by abbott.

I have spent somewhere approaching £6K on these mods within the past 10months, with all receipts

The vehicle was rolling road tested at Emerald prior to the fitting of the abbott induction kit, uprated actuator and intercooler spray system, 215bhp and 277lb/ft.

Another Saab is lined up to replace this car.

Any advice would be much appreciated

·
Registered
71 Posts
Must be something special you are replacing your present set up with, you've done what I would dearly (excuse the pun) like to do to mine.

Bit suprised you only got 215 bhp with that lot fitted though.

I would say you will be very lucky to get back any where near the money you have spent on it, if you were looking to buy a car with the perfomance your mods have given you would just go for an aero which would be a better platform to begin from.
Also it could be a problem for the buyer to insure it.

I would think your heart and pocket would say £9-10k but with what there is around on the market at the moment a realistic figure I would say would be £5-6k

You could possibly realise more by returning it to standard spec and selling the parts seperately.

Anyway it's the wrong colour !!

Good luck in selling it, somewhere there is someone who wants your car, it's finding that person that's the problem.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
The vehicle was rolling road tested at Emerald prior to the fitting of the abbott induction kit, uprated actuator and intercooler spray system, 215bhp and 277lb/ft.[/b]
Did it only have three spark plugs in when tested

£5.5k ......£6.5k on a good day

·
Registered
63 Posts
Ignore the last post,a car is worth whatever people are prepared to pay for it £1,500 would be an insult.Personally i would see it at somewhere around £4,500 and the advice about selling the goodies seperatley is very wise it wont devalue the car much and you should have alot more money in your pocket.

My comments are backed up by 20 years in the motor trade.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cheers for the advice !

Lowest price by a trader I was offered was £1045.00 !!!

Decided to keep the car now, SWMBO has allowed me to indulge in another car without disposing of this one

·
Registered
763 Posts
The trade offer you got confirmed my assessment but worth noting that sometimes people suggest a price but would not pay it themself! Anyway, good that you have decided to keep it....enjoy it as it is a nice package!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Just meant that trader didnt want your car,remember a trader is looking to put £1,500 onto the buying in price at least and if he can get a bargain alot more.When was the last time you saw one on a Saab dealers forecourt at that price?My local Saab dealer has just sold a similar car for £4995.We just sold an n plate t5 for £750 was that all it was worth? no of course not but as we dont sell anything other than Ford it had no value to us and incredibly the customer didnt haggle.We bought an 04 evo8 recently for £15k, miles under price but all we were prepared to give,traded it on for £17.5k knowing the next buyer would still make a profit.As a part ex i would have seen your car at around £2-2,500 looking to trade it on for around £2,750.As a private sale i stand by my £4,500 going down to £4,000 if neccesary,but im glad your keeping it and hope you find your missing h.p,i had mine rolling roaded recently with a similar ish spec and saw 256 bhp.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.