Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking for a good saab for some months and now I have found a 94 9000 Aero (the non-switchable TCS one) with 120k miles on the clock. I have tested her and she drives smoothly and acceleration is astonishing. I found her at a local Saab dealer and they assure that she has been driven mostly on highway.

I would like to know which are the spots that can break my pocket and how to know if they are failing or about to fail. for instance: How to know if a DI casette failure is happening or a weared clutch master cylinder or clutch..... that kind of things.

I would also want to know what are the expected life for the 225bhp 2.3L Turbo engine.

Thanks in advance

Suso

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
The DI cassette will produce a missfire at or around peak torque under hard accelleration when playing up, this can be intermittent or the whole thing can just pack up altogether.
The clutch slave/master cylinder can give a low biting point for the clutch, this can lead to the clutch dragging making gear selection difficult or crunching the reverse gear. When new the biting point will be much higher.
The engine should go on forever (200k+) with a bit of TLC. Noises should be investigated before they become expensive in the extreame, as opposed to just expensive. I'm talking timing chains here by the way.
If she's a good example, just buy her, you shouldn't regret it:)

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanx for the help. I've done it and now I'm the proud owner of a 94 Aero. Can´t wait 'till saturday morning (I'll have it then at my hands).

I have inspected it with my father and he was against the buy until he saw the car. Now he is telling me I have to let him the car next time he has to travel to Paris to see my sister.

I think it is the best car I could buy with 1.5 million ESP (about 5,500 £). In Spain Saabs are not looked after secondhanded and therefore they are cheap. People prefer to pay 10,000£ for a 94 Audi or a VW Golf VR6 than for a Saab or a Jaguar. I will never understand it.

There is only one point that troubles me now and it is that right indicator lights pop quicker than left ones. Is that normal?

Thanx to every body for the info containes here at the saab pages, specially to cdcarlsson.

SUSO

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.