Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was cruising along when the pretty bad noise started coming from the engine, turns out the belt had come off. lost power in the steering, the water pump, even the brakes. Luckily I was only a couple of miles from home, but 45 miles from the dealer. When i checked the pulley (one of them) had come off its arm - sheared the inside of the plastic pulley.

Question, am I looking at a big job to get the dealer to put the new pulley and belt back in place, do I need a new belt? Any help would be great

PS the car is a 95 9000 CD lpt auto, no aircon. I nearly changed it as there was a 97 Anniversary 2.0 for sale and after the phonecalls that ensued with the dealer selling it, it would cost 5.5k euros. I went to drive it and it turned out to be a 97 CSE with no extras. Waste of 140 mile roundttrip.

·
Registered
16,524 Posts
I don't think I would use the belt again as you don't know what it hit when it came off.

You should also try and find out why the pulley sheared off. Is the shaft it was on bent, wobbly or seized? Or has the engine been out and the pulley knocked?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts