Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right, my birthday yesterday so got a bit of cash Have decided to spend it on the car
So, have had a look at Abbotts website and am thinking about a bigger delivery pipe or perhaps putting in a bit extra and getting one of their knockdown price intercoolers.

What do you reckon? Has anyone got any experience with the bigger intake pipe? Also is it beneficial to my car (MapTun Stage 3 aero - approx 300bhp)

Oh please, help me spend my money

Zahid

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I thought that would be the popular choice
Is the Abbotts one any good and I presume it's a straight swap?

thanks
Zahid

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
Yes, it's very good- I've got one. It's a direct replacement for the stock unit. You need to remove the cooling radiator and unbolt the A/C rad to swap it.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Running 50mm Allard I/C with standard ECU gives me full standard boost almost all the time where before it would heatsoak easily.
I'd say you dont really get your ££ worth unless you are running it with an uprated ECU though.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Have just ordered the Allard one

Hope it's done in time for my trip to the Nurburgring next month

Zahid

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've also got an Abbott Intake Pipe on it's way. Presumably it fits onto the stock intercooler. Does this mean the pipe narrows towards the bit that goes into the I/C? If so does anyone know the size of the pipe at this bit or the size of the I/C pipe?

thanks
Zahid

·
Registered
288 Posts
Zars

Looking forward to you confirming the results.

I to am looking to order Abbott or Maptun intake pipe and intercooler for my stage 3 maptun 95 aero in the next month (subject to funds!)

regards
Chris

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No probs mate, I'll let you know of the results as soon as all the stuff's been fitted.

Zahid

·
Registered
223 Posts
I have Abbott's enlarged intake pipe fitted and will be installing my Allard 50mm intercooler hopefully this week. I have not measured the pipe but it is seems to be the same size as the throttle body connection all the way except for the last 3" where is shrinks slightly and connects on the standard intercooler hose. It is a drop in replacement, I didn't notice any difference in performance but I am sure it will complement the new larger intercooler.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts