Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

Help me i want to keep my saab

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  j900seturbo 
Same happened to me.adgust the linkage.turned out the gearbox was almost completely dry which made shifting almost impossible. topping off took away the mixing gravel noise.low fluid means forcing the shifter hard, knocking it out of alignment over time.id start the car in neutral and it felt stuck in 3rd.the car would try to move like it's In gear.fluid+adjusting linkage.i thought I needed a clutch or input shaft bearing.buy the GS short shifter and shifter bushings.worse case,buy a fm55507 from a 03 se vert.direct fit to the b204.you just need to use a viggen transmission mounting bracket (from goldwing saab).it uses your stock mounts,it's just shaped different,but bolts up fine.the fm55507 is way stronger internally than the fm55505.check www.car-part.com for the gearbox local.sooo shift linkage and fluid should fix this.if not,order a gearbox for a 03 se vert stamped fm55507, viggen transmission mounting bracket.viggen clutch,short shifter for your 900.i have a 99 9-3 with the b204 and 03 gearbox (507).a gearbox from a viggen or a 9-5 WILL NOT fit, good luck dude

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.