Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I may have a problem with my ACC: it seems to be blowing hot air all the time irrespective of what temp I set it to. The only time it dosen't is when I set it to 'LO' ( ie: blows cold air through no problem).

So at the moment I keeping turning the damm thing on and off ( and opening the window ) to maintain a reasonable temp/flow of air in the cabin.

Does anyone have any idea as to what is wrong?.

·
Registered
142 Posts
You could try re-calibrating ACC:

Press Auto + <>(bottom right) buttons
Light next to <> should come on, followed by right-hand lights from bottom to top.
Display should read 0, or other number indicates faults.
Temperature shows when process complete.

Also could check for fluff or stalled temp sensor

·
Registered
207 Posts
Could also be the flap actuator arm. It's not as painful as it sounds, there's an arm on the mixer flap that's prone to breaking (made of nylon type material) and you can buy a metal arm that slides over the broken bit and all is well again. I know as it happened to my Carlsson and I beleive it's a common fault.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well i re-calibrated it and the temp display flashed '1' briefly before displayng the actual temperature.
So I took the cover off the internal temp sensor/fan and found that the front 'u' shaped thingy (?) had broken off at one of the two attachments. So I thought I would superglue it back on. Re-callibrated it but still showing an error code and blowing hot. Looks like I will have to get a new sensor.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I am having this problem too on my 88 9000 rust bucket, with ACC 1. The error code I get is 5U, which indicates a bad temp. flap arm motor . The nylon arm is not broken as mentioned above, but the metal wire that adjusts this arm only moves to and fro about 1/2 inch.

So it seems this tiny motor is kaput, and won't allow any more free play to manually adjust it. I haven't been able to locate this part on line (i love www.eeuroparts.com, by the way), anyone have any clues as to how costly this little things is, or where to get one? And more..just how hard is it to get in there and replace it?

Hurry! Summer heat has just arrived in Maine and I'm frying myself! :)

Ryan

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
Dredging back my memory, I think the motors on ACC1 were stepper motors, whare the ones on Acc2 are normal ones.

I'm not sure how easy these are to find now

Andrew.

I think the ACC codes either mean open or closed circuit.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.