Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I'm so glad I found this forum.

I just purchased a '93 9000 CSE here in the US. It's in great shape and I got a fantastic price.

I do have a few questions:

1. Is there any online source for an owner's manual? There wasn't one with the car.

2. Is there a way to get the sound system antitheft code online? The dealer didn't have the code and the radio is disabled.

3. Could someone point me to a simple explanation of the trip computer operation? I think I figured most of it out but for the life of me, I can't get it to switch from metric to English units. (OK, I set the speed alarm to 130km/hr but 80mph would suit me better.)

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
Hi Hare Bare and Welcome to Saabscene

Answers to your Q's...

1. No official source that I know of. You might find one on eBay.

2. Again no online source. Depending on the year of your car, as long as the radio is original fit a main dealer might be able to retrieve the code for you.

3. Pressing the "R" and "INFO" buttons simultaneously for 4 secs steps through the dash display options which are:

MPG/deg F
Imp MPG/deg F
Imp MPG/deg C
L/100km/deg C

I can't remember at the mo whether this also cycles the trip computer display
; someone else might, or tomorrow I'll check it out if I can find my handbook.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Mark.

The Dashboard display seems to be in the correct units for my locale. It's the trip computer that's displaying metric. I'll play with it some more.

I figured I'd have to head to an authorized dealer to get the sound system unlocked. Might as well. The car came with a single key and from the looks of it, I'll have to get spares from a dealer. (In motorcycle parlance, we refer to such establishments as "dealers" but I hear that Saab distributors are generally good folks. I'll let you know.)

Hare

·
Registered
222 Posts
Here in the UK we buy our petrol/gas in litres (0.83 GBP per litre at last fill).

So the pumps are set to supply us in litres, but ask anyone what their fuel consumption is and they will tell you in miles per (imperial) gallon. Car adverts also quote "miles per gallon".

Old habits die hard. No doubt my children, who have learned nothing else but metric in school, will never use the "old fashioned" system. My son asked me the other day "how big is an inch" and I had to expalin to him how many centimeters it was.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by Broken Turbo:
[qb]Old habits die hard.

[/qb][/b]
Indeed they do. But it is gratifying to know that we Americans are the last anachronist holdouts.

Got to keep up that dinosaur image. So hard fought. So hard won.

I'm getting more and more of the CSE user interface figured out. I can now make the dome lamp come on when I open the door and go out when I close it.

If only I can get that rather complex looking Clarion AM/FM/Cassette/CD unit convinced that I didn't steal it, I'll be cruisin'!

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
To change the units of measurment: Depress the following 3 buttons simultaneously for at least 4 secs:

o-
>+
SET

the two alternatives are:

- km, km/h, 24H clock
- miles, mph, 12H clock (am/pm)

HTH

·
Registered
507 Posts
I've heard ( and it may be complete rubbish) that putting the radio/cassette ( in a bag!)in your freezer for a few hours will disable the memory and restore the unit to it's original factory setting, ie you get to choose the code.
But hey don't sue me, I know how keen you Americans are on litigation,

wul

·
Registered
105 Posts
Hiya Hare Bare.
Welcome to Saabscene
When I changed the battery recently I had to get the code for my radio. My main dealer couln't help as they didn't sell the car originally.
I found the original main dealer from the service book and called them up. They gave me the code over the phone.
Hope this help.
Drew

·
Registered
44 Posts
FYI.
I just pikced up a manual on eBay and it was about half the cost of a new one from Saab. A new one with the leather case will run you $85. Don't have the part number on me but you can get it from your local dealer.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.