Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I'm new to the forums. I just got a '95 9000CS LPT 5spd about 4 weeks ago. I'm loving the car and hoping that I've made a wise purchase.

The car currently has 72k miles on it. Anything I should watch out for? Any recommendations for regular mantanience parts?

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
Hi Mr. Person and welcome to Saabscene

At 72k, your 9000 is a relative baby- it's easily capable of three times that if cared for. At such a low mileage there should be no impending significant mechanical renewals required e.g. timing chains normally last at least twice that.

9000s have a reputation in some places for being expensive to maintain. This, however, is normally due to infrequent servicing and a lack of care. Little and often is the key here.

Make sure the manufacturers intervals are rigidly followed. A lot of folk go for a 6000 mile/6 month intermediate service which is beneficial in keeping on top of any little niggles that may occur.

Always us a good quality fully synthetic oil to protect not just the turbo but also enhance engine life.

One immediate recommendation I would have is to check the service history to make sure that recent fluid changes have been carried out. Remember the coolant and brake fluid should be renewed every 2 years. If the coolant doesn't appear to have been renewed within that time, use a radiator flush to make sure you get rid of any unwanted deposits.

Lastly, enjoy!

·
Registered
5,925 Posts
Welcome to the board Mr Person

As Mark said, your car should have a lot more miles in it yet. The lowest mileage 9000 I have bought (out of 3 9000's) was 140,000 miles - however it was very noticeable as to which ones had been cared for better.

You have made a wise purchase (IMHO) - it is a big load lugger with decent pace, very safe and easily tweekable to get that bit more performance

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.