Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi SaabScene Members,

My name is Neeleem and I am very new to Saab Scene. This is my very first post on Saabscene.

It started like this. I live in Pembrokeshire in Wales and over Christmas last year, I had a friend visiting me from Swindon who
owned a 1995 Saab 9000 CSE 2.3T. At that time I was learning to drive and was reading up on various cars out of which I might choose a car when I finally got round to buying a car. I liked my friend's car so much that I got crazy about buying a Saab 9000. Now I faced a lot of discouragement from various quarters including friends, colleagues and my driving instructor who all said it was too big/powerful a car to drive for a first time driver etc etc. and ofcourse dear to insure and run. I did a lot of reading on the internet about the Saab 9000 and several other cars and finally made up my mind that this was the car I wanted to drive. I have not tried a lot of cars in my life but from the looks, feel and user reviews I knew it was one hell of a car. So finally I started looking at the used car market and studied prices, specs and models etc. Finally about 4 months back I decided on a 97 Anniversary 2.0t Ecopower model and went ahead and bought it. It had about 110k on it. And today I feel this was one of the best decisions I ever made about my car. The insurance company made a hole in my pocket but the hole would have been slightly smaller if I had bought a 1.4 Ford fiesta and for what my car gives me I think I am more than willing to accept that 'extra hole'!The hole was made more because I am a first time driver rather than the fact that it is a Saab 2.0.

So far the drive on that car has been a dream. I am very much in love with the car and I realise from Saabscene that there are many many more such like minded people. These days I frown at 3 series BMWs and think 'what a piece of junk that is' (my apologies to those of you who are beamer enthusiasts as well). The cool power of the engine
(I am saying this with a 2.0t 150 hp engine, I can imagine what it would be to feel a 2.3 Aero 225 hp like some of you!!), the luxurious comfortable heated leather seats, the super efficient ACC, the huge boot space, the luxurious interiors and the passenger space--- all of it is just great! Sorry I am probably boring some of you but I am just too excited about my car.

Being a rookie on the scene, I do not understand too much technical temrminology about cars, Saabs ofcourse is a far ofthing sophisticated that they are. But I am trying to understand things as I am techinical minded being a software analyst by profession. I would like to be part of the elite group that you all are.

I would like to say thank you to all those who make this forum such a wonderful and knowledeable place to be in. The passion in it feels great . I would love to hear from any of you who would advice me on how I should take care of my Saab 9000 and any advice from those near me in Pembrokeshire being able to guide me to qualified garages who can service my car beside the nearest Saab dealer which is in Swansea.

TIA,
Neeleem.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Hi,

Not 100% sure, but I heard that the Saab main dealer in Swansea is no more.

Concept Saab in Cardiff told me that about 1 1/2 to 2 months ago.

There's a great place in Bridgend (branch also in Cardiff) if you need them.

They are called Saab Style, the guy (Gary) in Cardiff is 15 years Saab trained. Sorry if I've recommended this place in the wrong area

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
Pleasure to have another enthusiastic member on board, Neel. Don't worry, I was a complete and utter technoclusterbrian about the workings of these things until a year or so back.

Now I'm only a complete etc etc...

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Folks,

Thanks a ton for the welcome. It feels good to get so many responses overnight. Thanks Again! Am sure happy to be a SAABer

RichW, Thanks for the info on Saab Style. Shall check it out when I am in Cardiff (though a bit far for me).

·
Registered
329 Posts
Hey Neel, congrats on the purchase, sounds like you fell in love with the same things as me :) I'm also young (24) so insurance is a bit of a sting. But, it's only a few hundred more than my crappy old 206 was to insure, and this car is 100 times better! Even if the engine fell out tomorrow I'd love it.

Jules

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Neel
Don't worry - I owned a 9000T for about 5 years before I realised you could play with them and only then went I changed to a GM900T - (doh a swearword in the 9000 forum), and found Saabscene.
Regular oil changes is a byword on Saabs especially the Turbos with the correct grade of oil though if you read Chris Longhurst's site it all seems to depend on number of cold startsyou do.

http://www.chris-longhurst.com/carbibles/

Regards
Mike

[edited by Mark E to update link ]

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.