Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

After removing glovebox to change indicator relay, I have had a constant rattle from this area, have managed to find source and it is the ducting that connects to the passenger ventlation
output, this is a nightmare to get back on correctly has anyone got any tips ??

TIA Haggag01

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
The duct tends to drop down- push it as far up as possible before offering the glovebox assembly up. You can just about see if it's heading in the right direction.

Unfortunately, you have to remove the glovebox to take the dash top off...

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
I disagree, you don't have to remove the glovebox to remove the dash top, you need to open it to get at the top screw but that's all.

Or put another way, i've never yet removed a glovebox but I have removed the dash top, takes about 10 minutes.

David.

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
You could be right David ; I've never actually taken the dash off without having already had the glovebox out, but I did think that the left hand screw was behind the inner upper glovebox edge.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Correct and the rest of the procedure is to remove the screws that hold the speaker grills on the top, remove the bolts that hold down the dash top by the speakers, remove the screw in the top edge of the inside of the glovebox and a couple of screws on each end behind the speaker grills.

That's about it as I recall.

For me, it's really neat, you can get at so much underneath there compared with some cars where the thought of a mere dash illumination bulb change sends fear to the very heart.

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
Had a look and the screw "behind" the glovebox lip is indeed behind it, but is accessed by removing the rubber cap. I always wondered what that was there for

There's one other screw to remove- a T25 that screws upwards about 3" from the LHS and 2" for the front edgar of the instrument cluster recess. You can feel the cutout for it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.