Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I traded in my '94 CSE2.3 lpt. for a '97 CDE 2.0 lpt. a couple of months ago and am very happy with the 'new' wheels but for a couple of problems. If ACC is set on econ. all windows mist up quickly but clear just as quickly when switched back to auto. I would leave it set on auto. permanently but that's when problem No. 2 arises, every time it kicks in the revs drop (almost to stalling point). So far I have changed the idle air control valve, checked heater for leaks (adding Barrs leak in case), and disconnected the motor from the recirculation flap and opened it manually (there was nothing coming through the boot vent in recirc. mode). None of these have had any effect, what else could be the problem?.

·
Registered
706 Posts
It sounds like the engine management isn't compensating for the A/C compressor coming on (it uses it to dry the air as well as cool it!).

I'm not sure which sensors etc would be used in the management to control the idle speed, hopefyully someone else with more experience can help.

I use the Auto setting initialy then turn it to Econ, when I have a little heat.
Turning the ACC to Econ makes quite a difference to the fuel economy!

Skiddins

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
The reason the car mists up on econ is because when th econ button is pressed it switches off the a/c and reverts to a standard heating system so the air is not going through the dryer so moist air and misted windows.

·
Registered
16,524 Posts
Well, In my 2.3 lpt 9-5 I have done Watford-Plymouth-Watford on a tank of petrol in winter with ECON showing all the way. SID said 35 mpg. 535 miles.

Same trip in summer and I can't quite make it back home. SID says 31 or 32mpg. Tried to match the winter fuel consumption in summer more than once and failed. ACC has been on all the time in spring, summer & autumn and ECON has not appeared.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts