Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just took my heater display assembly off to fix a dodgy wire, (not an acc panel), and the link rod that diverts the air has come off at the blower end, it looks like a facia removal to put right. is this correct or is there a quick fix for this (my haynes manual say's there is a link rod , but thats it).

any help appreciated

all the best

tommy

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
I can't remember for sure, but i think this was the wire that came off mine, if so look up, from the drivers footwell, towards the heater controls and you should see two wire rods, the end of which is looped and these sit on pegs.

HTH

Neil

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah, this linl rod has a universal joint at either end, and the peg it slots into looks like a half moon shape, but for the life of me i cant see where it attatches to behind the facia

·
Registered
183 Posts
The end that you need to fix the rod to is off to the right. (Difficult to explain).

I remember when I took some of my fascia apart to get to the main loom when trying to find upgrade wires for the Trip Computer I removed the heater dials & my link arm fell off. (It only slides on). If you remove the top panel you will probably be able to get to the corresponding connector. It is keyed as mentioned & will only go on one way so as to ensure that the control knob is in the right position in relationship to knob you wish to connect. I do remember it being to the right & slightly up from the centre line. If you don't take the top off then you'll have to remove other components from the fascia like the Trip Computer or something suitably sized to get a torch in, locate & then feed on with your hand inside. It's not too fiddley honest guv.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts