·
Registered
4,215 Posts
oh dear ...
unfortunately it sounds as if the motor is sh44ged
replacements are available from ecp @about £70
thats the easy part
fitting it is ...well tricky
do a search on blower motors and read the threads !!
if you have a/c it is a real pita...

good luck !

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hello again everyone ive followed haynes manual and find myself in the marvellous position of just having to remaove the retaining screws or clips and remove the blower - well can i find the clips or bolts can i buffalo anyone have any idea where or what is holding it in place ?

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
billj's web site (bottom of page ) has excellent directions with pictures..100% better than haynes..
if I remember right my son had to drive the shaft out.. but check the directions first !!

good luck...

·
Registered
945 Posts
On an old ACC (the orignal one you cant turn off) is the Thermal Fuse integrated into the resistor pack as if it isnt whereabouts around the heater blower body is it...I can't find it and this my old '87 Turbo Saab has been unused around Winter so far, and so I could do with using it again! I've taken the resistor pack off (Bosch Branded, with two red wires and part no: 1147 212 037) Does this have an integral fuse....as I think it would be this that has gone not the resistor as everything was OK until it suddenly stopped working at all....no high setting only, no nothing...but with power directly to the motor it powers fine, so thats eliminated that. I've drove the Saab to Brum and back today and have froze my knackers off....kepy having to wipe the condensation off the screen with my sleezes too so there also wet!!

Also my ACC stays permanently on the Heat setting on the vents....it wont move down to the floor vents or the screen vents....just the heat setting. If it was the motor that controls the vents that was broken it would still show on the ACC control unit it was at whatever vent setting it was pushed too....so what does the ACC use to decipher where the air should be going, as I think this is gone too...I've tried recalibrating but everytime it comes up with the same vent when it goes to auto...heat!!!!....wheres my hammer!

·
Registered
335 Posts
don't think there would be.. and if there was you'd be able to see it (invisible fuses that require smashing the item to pieces arent much use) are you sure the actual resistor pack isnt duff.. they cann fail to nothing as can most other leccy pieces

other than that ive alreayd phoned a friend, will have to wait for another antique saab pro

·
Registered
945 Posts
I could not find a Thermal Fuse or anything that even looked like a fuse around the heater blower housing. Thats why I removed the resistor pack...asumming the fuse must be built in...if its not where is it on an old '87 9000 turbo? It's nowhere bloody obvious thats a fact!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts