Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After modding my drivers side seat heater switch the other day with a preset pot to tweak the cutoff temperature, I figured there's a market for this sort of thing so to compliment the budding ECU tuner, I'm offering corresponding HSS (Heated Seat Switch) performance boosts as follows:-

Stage 1:
Replacement HSS with 100R preset pot, approx 10 units of botty warming.

Stage 2:
Replacement HSS with 220R preset pot, approx 25 units of botty warming.
12v Green LED instead of filament bulb

Stage 3:
Replacement HSS with 1kR preset pot, approx 40 botty warming units (this one will really make you sweat)
Multicoloured RGB cycling LED for illumination coolosity factor
Oxygen free connecting cables

Prices are as follows:-

Stage 1: £32.50
Stage 2: £48.50
Stage 3: £56.80

All units are on an exchange basis with a £20 refundable deposit.

David.

·
Registered
53 Posts
i have to ask....

1. is this safe?
2. have you tested all 3, im assuming you have?
3. are you seriouse?
4. is this safe?

not that its a bad idea to me
but i would assume there would be some safety issue here having a "HOT SEAT" opposed to a "warm seat"?

not that i doubt you here but i havent heard of such a thing before so im curiouse.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
PTK, well apart from the slightly obvious, I have actually stuck a 100R pot in the switch to adjust the temp up a bit and I did have a faulty switch which caused the seat to be permanently on and therefore hot. It was actually quite comfortable for the first ten minutes then when I realised that the mist on the interior was due to me sweating, figured I'd pull the connector off the seat as I was starting to feel nautious.

I have fitted the green LED's to mine too because I couldn't find the 4mm bulbs anywhere, seems everyone wants to sell either 3mm or 5mm and LED's will last.

I think for best effect the multicolour cycling LED's would have to be fitted across all the instrument panel but sync'ing them would possibly be a problem.

David.

·
Registered
53 Posts
lol, what can i say to that

well after i get my motor fixed up to normal again(whenever that might be on my budget) thanks for the advice on that by the way, ill be taking it me thinks

i might be giving you a call,
having spent the last 14 years in Australia i could do with a reminder of what the weather is like there

1 - 8 of 8 Posts