Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The heated driver's seat in my 1989 9000i doesn't work although the passenger seat does. Looking under the driver's seat from behind there is a multi plug plugged into the right hand side of some sort of aluminium panel, and there is a blue wire coming out of the back of the plug that is not connected to anything. There also seems to be another socket on the left of the aluminium panel with nothing plugged into it. In addition to this, there are four other multi plugs not connected to anything. Three are labelled: VF, RF and HB (could be RB) and the fourth one has nothing written on it. Based on that information, does anyone have any idea why the heater doesn't work and how I can fix it? It's getting cold here in Scotland so any help would be gratefully received!!!

·
Registered
11,343 Posts
gremlynne, if there is a plug with no wires connected to it, I think that this is the pre-wiring for electric seats (ie: motorised movement of seat)

Normally, the reason that the heated seat does not work is becuase the element has broken. If the element has broken in just one of the base or back pads, then neither will work. Element is easy to break if you kneel on the seat or have keys in your back pocket and sit on the seat.

I have ordered a new seat base element for my Saab and will post more info in due course.

/john

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.