Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

My front driver seat was knackered and very uncomfortable, so I swapped the front seats. But, unfortunately the heated seats don't work now.

Anyone got any idea's? I've checked the fuses and they are ok.

My car's a 1993/L 9000 CSE 2.0 LPT Auto. When I bought the car the seats were changed from cloth to leather seats and the replacements are also leather.

Cheers,

Rich

·
Registered
14 Posts
Rich - where did you buy the seats - are there a lot of places to buy them? My driver's seat is leaking and starts getting worse. I drove down from York to Milton Keynes yesterday, by the end of the otherwise nice drive my back started killing me..

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got mine from a place called Saab Style in Cardiff. They are a Saab breakers, bet there's a few places dotted around the country.

Mine was real bad, so had to change it.

Hope you get yours sorted

·
Registered
435 Posts
Rich

You need to check the switch. Its fairly easy to remove from the dash. If that isn't it then its a new element required in the seat itself. The garage changed mine when I bought the car so I'm not sure how difficult this is but I don't think its too bad

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cheers mate,

I feared such a thing and was hoping it might just be a case of changing a couple of wires about as my seats weren't originally leather.

Oh well, I'll give Saab a ring in a bit to see how much it'll cost.

Thanks again,

Rich

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
Rich,

If you haven't already chucked your old seats, I think it may be possible to remove the heater pads from them and transfer them to the leather ones. A bit messy and time consuming I know. SOmeone may be able to confirm this.

If not, the perhaps your next best option is to find some velour seats in reasonable nick and transfer the leather skins from your other seats. I've done this myself and it's not too hard.

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Hi Rich,

Have you tried the passenger seat whilst sitting on it? It needs the weight of a person to activate a switch below the seat.

Otherwise it is quite common for the earlier seat pads to have a broken wire within them caused by the strain of one too many bums!
Less common is the thermister (temperature sensing device in the pad) going u/s, but it happened to one of mine. This causes the control unit (in the dash) to think that the seat is up to temp' all the time, so it turns off the pad all the time....

Pads (inc. the thermister) can be renewed at a cost £££'s last time I bought one, maybe less now, you can only hope.

Nick.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Nick,

I did try the passenger seat, but with the same result, no heat unfortunately.

I;m gona have a good luck on the weekend and hopefully get this sorted before the real cold weather gets here. As could of really done with the heated seat the other morning.

Thanks again,

Rich

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Cheers Nick,

What is also weird is that before in when my lights are on the bit you clip the seat belt into never used to light up. But on these replacement seats it does.

Think I'm gona have a busy weekend, providing it's dry

Rich

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.