Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everybody.

Can anyone tell me if you can buy a replacement switch for the heated rear window? When you press the button it presses in and the light on the display indicates that it is on, but the switch doesnt stay in the on position, it just pops back out again.
If you can is it a nightmare to replace?

Also, the relay for the horn and the heated rear windown I gather are the same. Are these relays a Saab only part or could I get one from, dare I say it, halfords?

Thanks all.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Hi,
search on e bay for Saab 9000. There are ALWAYS bits and pieces like the one your after.
Just make sure you know how much a new one is before you pay too much for a used one.
The switch can be popped/prised out without to much trouble.
Darryl

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Darryl.
Does the switch pop out from the front or back. I took the glove box out to look behind but I still couldn't easily see which way it pops out.

Cheers

·
Registered
70 Posts
my 91my saab switch works the same way. the relay is a timer relay (stayes on for about 15mins)as far as i'm aware this is the correct operation.If you push the button again the relay will shut off and the warning lamp on the dash goes out...
HTH. Colin

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Col.

The thing is when I press the button the light on dash illuminates but soon as I stop pressing the button the switch pops back out and the light on the dash goes out. Is this normal, or did I read your post incorrectly?

On my old '92 CS 2.3T the switch would stay in with the dash light illuminated until I pressed the switch again to turn it off.

Cheers

·
Registered
200 Posts
on my 89 9k the switch was a press on to switch on the rear window
the switch would return to its normal postion but the rear window light would come on ( the switch is spring loaded ) i mean that it didnt stay pushed in when the rear demister was on ,
not good with words but hope this makes sense

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks mate.

The problem that mine has is when you release the switch the light on the dash also goes out. If you keep pressing in the swtich then the heated rear window stays on, as soon as you release it it turns off. I am assuming its the switch as I have swopped the relays over with the one from the horn and it does the same thing.

I think my poor wording on my first post has confused the issue somewhat.

cheers

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.