Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I asked my Insurers what effect if any the removal of a heat plate in my 96MY CS Aero would have. They have asked be what effect this would have
on performance BHP. Can anyone give me a Bhp or percentage increase please

Sorry if this has been covered before.

Thanks

Julian

·
Registered
11,343 Posts
They cynic would say that they have asked you how much additional premium they can get away charging you with.

What I would be inclined to do here is to go back and tell them that you do not know whether the heatplate removal has any effect on overall BHP or not, but you are removing it for the reason of ... whatever the reason might be? A feature only required for cold climates, not necessary here? What else?

Anyway - is it not the case that the heatplate is fitted to some 9000s and not others?

For instance, when I approached my insurer about fitting an ARM chargecooler to take my classic 900 lpt from 145bhp to 185bhp I told them that it would enable safer overtaking as less time exposed to danger and it would prolong gearbox life due to fewer gearchanges necessary. They said that was fine and there would be no additional premium.

·
Registered
3,892 Posts
I don't think this is really something the insurance company need to know, as some Aero's have them, some do not, and the quoted power is the same for both....
Therefore it won't have any effect.......

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.