Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quickie.

Has anyone tried BillJ's procedure for repairing the Headlight wiper motors?

Both mine are shot at present and am interested to see what other people have found. Will be having a go at one at least on the weekend.

Doesn't one act as a sort of control for the other? the nearside I think....

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
I've not used Bill's exact procedure (I didn't see it before I started
), but I have taken mine apart, and they are certainly repairable, albeit perhaps a little fiddly and greasy. Bill's guide is fine.

Depending on their age, a number of the retaining clips may snap as you seperate the two shell halves. I successfully held mine together with cable ties after this happened.

AFAIK there is no link between the two.

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
It is a bit of a fiddle to get them apart, and its awkward to get the motor out and back in.

I have found that taking the motor out and running it several times for about 20 seconds each time (in both directions) burns off most of the crud.

Steve

·
Registered
545 Posts
Had a go when one of my headlight wiper motors stopped moving/parking in the correct position. Not too difficult, easy to break clips on casing. Do not disconnect wiper arm. Found the armature just needed cleaning then worked ok. Might be worth marking the relative position of the gear on the end of the wiper when the case is parted to save messing when aligning up again. Small screwdrivers are usefull.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
i dont have wiper arms on mine anymore as one night while at the movies, someone decided to break them off ... so i have no headligh wipers anymore.. anybody in Oz need one or 2 just contact me... cos all i have now is 2 shafts sitcking out under my lights

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.