Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My drivers side wiper on the headlight has died... big time... spent 2 hours this afternoon taking it apart and basically the motor is shot....

So does any one have a good source of replacement motors.. or new/recon wiper units.

Steve

·
Registered
114 Posts
Hello Saabman,
I have a 9000 CDE with a similar problem, only this time the water does spray but the wiper doesnt work.

Would you be able to sell me a peplacement motor?
would really appritiate that.

Cheers
Jeremy

·
Registered
471 Posts
Originally posted by saabman:
[qb]Send me a private message with an E-mail address as I've got plenty of them at work,plus at home and we can sort out the make/type and I'll post one to you Gratis   [/qb][/b]
We have got loads at home haven't we. Just call us the Saab spares shop.

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
No more requests please,otherwise I'll have to change my name to Mooseparts but seriously it was intended to be a one off favour,but I will sort out these two people with wiper motors but no more please otherwise Mooseparts will go bust giving away all its stock

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Hi Steve,
Have you checked inside the actual motor itself?
Mine had plenty of carbon dust in-between the segments of the commutator (short circuiting itself). A quick clean-up with a piece of card and all was well.
HTH.
Nick.

PS. Although this part is expensive from Saab the motor inside is cheapskate, most commutators have insulations between segments to prevent this happening.

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We took the motor out and off load it was turning sort of but taking about 3 amps... by that time I was covered in grease and didn't fancy taking the motor apart.

What I might do is have a look at it once its not needed and work out just whats wrong.

Steve

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.