Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My headlight wash/wipe isnt working. I is getting water but will not wipe. Is this a common fault and any ideas how to fix it. The car is a 94 9k cse lpt.
Thanks

·
Registered
169 Posts
About 8 months ago, IMSMC (if memory serves me correctly: I feel left out if I don't contribute an acronym or two!) a thread appeared on the same topic. It applied mainly to the wiper blade not returning to the rest position, but there was more ......

·
Registered
183 Posts
Yes there was a thread concerning this. I remember seeing it.

In answer to your question I think this is a common problem on all headlamp wipers. Simply because of their exposure to the elements. (Well would you want to wave if you spent 10 years at the front of your car?).

I replaced my nearside wiper unit after obatining one from a scrappy for what I think was £25 with a 3 mont warranty. They're a doddle to replace as you'll learn when you get to a scrappy. I wouldn't waste your money buying a new one from Mr S unless you're so wealthy you don't care. If that's the case I'm sure you'd just buy a new SAAB with that fault! ;o)

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
I remember taking a unit apart when it stoppped 'parking' itself a few years ago. Just ended up repositioning a linkage within the motor unit. Took a little while though, but shouldn't be a problem if you're happy enough changing the unit itself.
HTH
Nick.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts