Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Need a little more help on this one Dana...

I see you're in the USA so are the lights for a saab in the UK or yours in the USA? The reason I ask is that European lights come in two specifications. One for us English sorts who drive on the left & one for everybody (??) else who drive on the right like they do in the States. (Maybe we should get with the crowd & get driving on the right. We could phase it in couldn't we starting with the lorries first!! ;o) ).

Sorry if I'm teaching you to suck eggs Dana as I'm sure you know that the cut-offs are specific to left or right-hand driven vehicles. In the uk, the left of the dipped beam shines higher than the right to illuminate the pavement. (Side-walk). The rest of Europe & the USA will have the higher cut-offs on the right. Tell us which sort you need so that if you need UK spec lights maybe someone on list could organise some for you or if you want ones to fit your car in your country then someone on list in mainland Europe might be able to help. Otherwise you're reliant on people on list in the States. Anyone?

Are there no Saab Dealers in the States who could import some in? If they were to break in transit (& let's face it, they're fragile) then the onus is on the dealer to replace at the suppliers/dealers expense!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. I wasn't aware that Brits and Europeans are so sophisticated with their lighting, US doesn't much care for sidewalk pedestrians-but they should. Yes I'm looking for the European version headlamps....
Cheers from Boston,
Dana

·
Registered
183 Posts
Us Brits are far more sophisticated than our European counterparts. We wash & our women shave their arm-pits for starters! ;o)

Maybe now I've provoked enough people in Europe someone will respond & they can help you acquire what you need.

Cheers from England.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I'm sorry the last 30 of my posts got wiped out on that fateful system change week. I worked up the nerve to start opsting again. I also just moved to the UK from canada and I'm searching out some Eurospec headlamps.

I noticed that if you have headlight wipers like my 1993 900T , you need seperate lenses or someting. I'm also confured if they make two versions of the eurospec cross pattern lens for the UK and the rest of europe. I don't want to be blinng people back in North America!

·
Registered
16,524 Posts
I believe that it's only the glass that is different between UK and the rest of Europe. UK spec glass will not be suitable for export to the USA. The light cut-off line rises to the left in UK to illuminate the verge/kerb.

That doesn't mean that you can't buy European spec lamps and lenses from UK suppliers

1 - 7 of 7 Posts