Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a trick to removing the headlight from the mounting bracket? I have two, one with a broken lense and the other with a broken bracket so I was hoping to swap the good bracket to the good light. It looks like I'll have to pry, best I can, the adjustment screws from the plastic grip. Is there a better way?

·
Registered
403 Posts
Hi chucktv,

Yep they are a swine, ive just built 2 headlihgts out of about 5 broken sets.

Mines a CS but I think they are fairly similar.

If you look at the headlight from the back, there is the fixed adjutsment mechanism - prise the plastic sleave off and then use a monkey wrench with a bit of cloth so not to damadge it and turn it anti clockwise (i think !) and then gently but firmly pull it out. depending whether or no you have electric height adjuster or manual in the middle of the headlight but if it's electric you turn the mechanism 15-20 degrees and then pull it out.
There is also a fixed shaft with a black plastic piece that comes thru the headlight casing, I found that all the ones I had were very brittle and all broke (your suposed to be able to turn them to release them) but I found that with the two other adjusters removed you can pull the reflector out a bit and prise the socket off with a screw driver.

Hope that helps also hope that the lights are the same But I spent hours figuring out the best way to split them, breaking all sorts of bits till I got it sussed.

best regards

Damian

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.