Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Remove the nut securing the arm to the spindle (it's under the lift-up flap). You can then pull the wiper arm up the spindle, away from the serrations, then slide it back down in the corect position. You may have to apply some WD40 to the spindle in order to move the arm.

HTH

·
Registered
169 Posts
You may want to check the contacts that determine the park position first: these are probably dirty, so that the motor doesn't sense when the blade has come to the end of its travel. Otherwise you may start a whole new creative fashion, with blades off the light, pointing at the pavement!

There were several threads to this topic over the last few months.

·
Registered
753 Posts
I too have the same problem, but I dont like taking my car apart as I am sure soemthing will go badly wrong

However it is going for a service soon, so I may print off for the (non-Saab) garage a list of the available instructions off a Saab website for sorting out this problem and seeing if they can fix it .

·
Registered
435 Posts
Mine does this too, in fact from previous threads most seem to do it. I think the issue is that they get a pretty hard time at the front of the car & tend to sieze up a bit. Previous advice has been to empty half a can of WD40 anywhere you can.

Personally I have found that mine does it the first time you wash/wipe ie when it is at its stiffest. If I wipe a second time now that they have warmed up a bit they seem to park OK

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Well said Mark!

And it rains even worst here in sunny S-Wales than most of England!

Incidentally(!), I am an affiliated member of the 'wonky wiper club' - and currently hoping that WD will work it's wonders. Problem is intermittent as reported above, too. Definately seems an idiosincrasy of Saab 9000's - but still better than the useless headlamp pressure jets on some alternative cars.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I am also a paid up member of the wonky wiper club. My headlight wash wipes were disconnected by the previous owner. When I plug them in the wipers and washers come on and won't go off !
Any ideas why this would happen?
Cheers
Stu

·
Registered
226 Posts
I've tried dismantling the wiper motor gear assemblies on two previous saabs and a [email protected]#xhall (uses similar bosch unit). I've cleaned the contacts, etc., and re assembled only to find they eventually played up again in each case.
Solutions are:(1) replace motors @ about £70 each, or
(2)as temporary measure to make your car look right-disconnect when in the parked position

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.