Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm after a set of headlamp covers/protectors for my 1990 cds, local dealer say's discontinued part. tried local place for pattern part, no avail, but would prefer originals

anu suggestions

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Be a bit careful 'though. When I got my '91 SE three years ago I went to Euro Car Parts for headlamp protectors and they sent some for the wrong model (I'd given them the full info). However the local SAAB dealership had the right one in stock (their last pair) and were kind enough to do a swap.

Reckoning that it's unlikely I'll find ant more, I've just patched up a couple of cracks. Can anyone tell me if its possible to polish off the tiny scratches made by the wipers, they have now created a bit too much opacity.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Mine are on their second CSE now. I polish off the scratches about twice a year with perspex polish but T-cut will do just as well. The N/S cover has a small crack in it just beside the wiper pivot, happily it is not easily seen but I'm glad that it did it's job and protected the glass. I got them from the Saab Owners' Club for £17.50 when they had a special offer on - money well spent.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.