Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the pictogram? I guess it can't be the same sensor as turns the int lights on, cos the lights aren't affected. Just the pictogram is always lit up telling me the invisible guy sitting behind me is trying to escape. And it's really annoying.

Has anyone actually fixed this problem? Where is the sensor? Is it fixable, or just a new sensor job? Or can you just disconnect it so the pictogram doesn't light up any more?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! I'm a novice with these modern cars, like!

·
Registered
218 Posts
Had this in mine recently. It looked like a swine to take the lock out and adjust the sensor so I just whipped the door card off, unplugged the wire to the lock and put the door card back on. 15 mins total including Waxoyling the inside of the door while the card was off Thought it was worth it as I have seen a few (admittedly poorly maintained) 9000's rusting at the door bottoms recently.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Had one go on my 9000 a year or two ago.

It cost about 70 pence for a new reed switch from maplins or you can pay about £50 for a complete new sensor from your local Saab dealer.

Open up the plastic sensor and cut the reed switch out and solder a new one in and glue it back together, job sorted. Hope this helps

Keith

1 - 4 of 4 Posts