Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
... to a Saab fitted with a T25 as standard? I'm asking this question for selfish reasons but I think it might help anyone looking for a cheap turbo upgrade, as T28's seem to be plentiful.

<ul type="square">
[*]What engine size do you have?
[*]How straightforward was the T28 to fit, i.e. did it mate with the manifold and exhaust OK?
[*]Is there significantly more lag?
[*]How much more boost (in psi or BAR) does it acheive over the T25?
[*]At what rpm does it hit full boost during an adaption run?
[*]Do you have any other exhaust/induction mods?
[/list]
Seeing as I'm an APC monkey it's unlikely that I'll be able to get new APC software to get a performance benefit from a bigger turbo, so I'll be looking to use an MBC conservatively in order to get improved performance.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Originally posted by Jason (Mr Torque Steer):
[qb]<ul type="square">
[*]What engine size do you have?
[*]How straightforward was the T28 to fit, i.e. did it mate with the manifold and exhaust OK?
[*]Is there significantly more lag?
[*]How much more boost (in psi or BAR) does it acheive over the T25?
[*]At what rpm does it hit full boost during an adaption run?
[*]Do you have any other exhaust/induction mods?
[/list]
[/qb][/b]
1. 9k 2.0ltr MY 96 (Trionic)
2. Straight swap no probs with existing manifold, exhaust, water + oil lines.
3. Yes approx 600rpm later, had T25 with 3" d/p power would come on at approx. 2200rpm now it's approx. 2800rpm.
4. With T25 boost would rise to 1.2bar and level down to 1.0bar. With T28 fitted boost would rise to 1.3bar and level down to 1.1bar.
5. In 3rd gear accelerating from 30mph full boost is at 2800rpm.
6. Full JT 3" exhaust including racecat, JR open air kit.

N.B Since fitting the T28 I have fitted a 50mm core intercooler, boost will now rise to 1.3bar and level down to 1.1bar until I reach approx 4000rpm at this point it will start rising again to 1.4bar.

My views on this turbo since fitting it is a big
whilst you do loose slightly lower down it more than makes up for it past 2800rpm, it can handle 300hp and could at a push (as per Swedish tuners) be taken upto 320hp

Hope this helps

Steve

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.