Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On 9K CSE LPT, cold start is a dream but when been driven around with temp at normal, it starts after a long time!
(about six spins at ignition or more)....any suggestions to what may be causing the problem?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hi

I had a similar thing with my first 9000, it turned out to be fuel pressure. I ended up fitting a replacement fuel pump, but also a fuel line valve, can't remember where this was I'll have a think. Someone on the board will probably suggest something more obvious though!
green9000

·
Registered
8,216 Posts
It's also possible that the coolant temperature sensor is faulty, causing the system to think the engine is cold all the time. Thus, when it really is cold, no problem as the mixture is enriched for cold starts. When it's hot, however, the mixture is still enriched when it shouldn't be, causing difficult starting.

The sensor is fitted in the cylinder head under the inlet manifold. It's a bit tricky to get to, but the first thing to check is whether the connector is still connected.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.