Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello saabscene, I am new to this community and appreciate all the help I can get. My 2005 saab 9-5 2.3T has just today started idling rough, paired with the p0327 faut code. This happened just after I did a hard accelerating pull in 2nd gear (Unwise to push an older car in that way but what is done is done). I had no engine light before or any trouble with the engine. I am wondering what I should look for in an ettempt to solve this. I would assume it is something mechanical that has gone wrong seeing as it happened after a hard pull almost to redline. Any ideas?

·
Super Moderator
2,703 Posts
Young_Aero,

Don't worry, these cars are built to take hard driving. My list gives Knock Sensor 1 low input for P0327. I think the knock sensing is part of the DI cassette function so it could be just a fault with that. Not really serious, these cassettes are about £200 for a decent ( non Chinese ) one. Look also for codes 1312 and 1334 which would indicate intermittent misfires on cylinders 1 / 2 and 3 / 4 respectively.

Paul @ Kippen

·
Registered
262 Posts
The knock sensor is on the block to detect shock from cylinders. The DI could be arcing to the head making it think it is knock. You often get mifire errors when there is an issue with the DI. Otherwise it could be a problem with the senor or the connector and wiring for it.

·
Registered
Saab 9-5 2.3T Aero Auto, Nocturnal Blue
6 Posts
For this code the first cheap thing i would change is the sparkplugs, BCPR7ES-11 gapped ro 0.9-1.0mm works for the aero.

And then check the vacum lines and evap valve at top of the valvecover.

Sparkplugs is the first go to change when a saab throws these erros, if it does not work a new DI casset is nost likely the way forward.

Saw that you where in sweden if you close to stockholm and need tech2 help just say and we do full scan.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts