Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the extra brr factor of the last two mornings, the rear brakes have been sticking on for the first couple of minutes of driving- presumably until enough heat hass got through from the friction to unstick them. I'm guessing it's due to something sticking in the handbrake mechanism. Has anyone had a similar experience and found an effective cure? (other than putting Bubbles to bed in a garage overnight
)

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
People who live in Alpine lands always park in gear (1st or reverse only!!) with the handbrake off, even in summer. Some of them actually refer to the hand brake as the "emergency brake".

I've only had brakes stick on a couple of times, and the symptoms suggest that it was caused by dampness in the cable guides freezing, rather than dampness at the pad/disc or shoe/drum surface freezing.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
This used to happen regularly each winter on my 9000T -If i remebered in time i use to park overnight with the handbrake off and in gear or if i forgot i used to drive slowly for a few hundred yards or so and let the friction thaw out the linkage. Never did work out how the moisture got in there.
Mind you, now i've got an early GM900T you pracically have to pull the handbrake handle out of the floor to make it work

1 - 3 of 3 Posts