Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking through all the threads it is great to read what really winds people up about other drivers.

I'll start you off with these:

1) Sitting in lane 2 of a 3 lane motorway when lane 1 is empty.
2) Rear/front fog lights on when it is not foggy.
3) Stationary at traffic lights or in a cue with foot on brake, so high-level light dazzles you.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Blasted Townies coming out of the Big Smoke onto nice country roads and either:

1. Drive at 60mph down the straights, slow to 2mph for any bendy thing that us country lads call a corner

2. Drive at 40mph. Everywhere. Ignore that Nationl Speed Limit sign as much as they ignore the 30 sign for villages, or 20 for village schools.

3. As 1, except slow from 3mph to 2mph between corners and straights.

4. Tailgate all tractors so no one can get past.

5. As 4, except pull out to go past when there's another tractor coming the other way.

6. As 4, except pull out to overtake, and then accelerate at the same pace as an Reliant Robin at full chat.

7. I could go on but I'm losing the will to live just thinking about it....

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
At risk of being electronically burned alive:

People who moan about speed cameras.

I know their use may be a subject of considerable debate but it really is quite simple: don't exceed the speed limit!!!!!

·
Registered
623 Posts
1) Sitting in lane 2 of a 3 lane motorway when lane 1 is empty.[/b]
I'm afraid I could get burned alive too, but I have to say that I never sit in the first lane, unless I'm doing 60km/h (40mph). If the autostrada is empty, and I'm doing my usual 130km/h (or more
), I always take the middle lane. The risk of finding a Fiat 126 doing 70km/h in the first lane at night with two candle-like tailights is much worse than the hassle for others to have to take the 3rd lane to overtake me. Anyway, if I'm doing the limit, who should have the right to pass me?
I never take the 3rd if the second is empty, but I fear the first, and I think that sitting in the second lane at road limit speed, or a bit slower, is no hassle to anyone.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Everyone on the A5 at 645am on my way to work, especially Mr Focus who is happy to travel at 38mph !!!, I mean come on, where are you going at that time without a care in the world !! why bother buying the 2.0Zetec when the 1.4 would be much more economical !

Rant over, until tomorrow morning....when everyday I have to follow him for miles !!

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
1) The dozy crossing warden who stops me when I'm late going to work and there's a 30 car gap between me and the next guy.

2) If not her, teh kids who completely omit to check whether or not the crossing lady has stopped the traffic and proceed to cross the road anyway.

3) People who tailgate me when I'm doing 35mph in a 30 limit on a road where 2 of my mates have been nicked by mobile cameras/radar guns!!!

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Originally posted by Mark E:
[qb]One phrase to sum up all the above:

Inconsiderate drivers... [/qb][/b]
Well said that man.

Me ? I am furious about people driving with iced up/ snow covered or just plain filthy windows and lights. Visibilty is so important yet some people just don't plan 10 minutes extra in the morning to de-ice/ clean the windows of their car when they know its going to be frozen etc.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Major issues with idiots having front foglights on in clear conditions.

And tailgaters. Tonight I was on a very narrow road I've never been down before, it was icy, doing 45mph and I got someone driving 1 meter behind me. I pulled over to let him past, and off he goes. 10 minutes later it happened again with someone else . I would not normally be considered a slow driver, but in those conditions, its madness to do the speed limit.

*Flame suit on*.
Xenons. These are really starting to annoy me. I know there has been much debate about them, but the fact is, every time I get dazzled its a car with Xenons that is doing it. Maybe they aren't correctly adjusted, I don't know, but it happens all the time and its bl**dy dangerous out here in the back of beyond with multiple hairpins, unlit T junctions and single track bridges to negotiate when you can hardly see. By the time I look away my night vision is shot.

Um, that's all for the time being.

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
Originally posted by TheFox:
[qb]Me ? I am furious about people driving with iced up/ snow covered or just plain filthy windows and lights. Visibilty is so important yet some people just don't plan 10 minutes extra in the morning to de-ice/ clean the windows of their car when they know its going to be frozen etc. [/qb][/b]
My daughter has a saturaday job, early start, so I warm up the car and set off, on the return I am "attacked" by a new laguna, not one window, including the screen was clear! So I gently point this out to the kind gentleman , who said " I can see fine mate, I never hit ya did I!" and drove off

·
Registered
623 Posts
Originally posted by Scaero (Maptun stg3):
[qb]But what happens when you come up behind that candle lit Fiat 126 sitting in the middle lane at 70km/h who has the same phlosophy at you at 130? [/qb][/b]
Since speed limit is 130, it's thousand times more probable to find a so slow car in the first lane than in second. In fact, I find plenty of slow cars/caravans/motorhomes in the first lane, but very few of them in the second.

Besides, people who want to speed (more than 130 km/h) tend to sit in the third, even if the road is all clear.
So, doing 130 in the second lane is, IMHO, the safest way of going though an italian Autostrada.

·
Registered
662 Posts
In no particular order;

NO lights or side lights, when it is pi**ing down or dark.

The "boom box" you can hear ten minutes before they heave into view.

Pratts in souped up Novas etc, which sound like Concorde at take-off, (but seem to have a top speed of about 56 mph)

Fog lights

Lane discipline (or lack of it)

The price of petrol

Those kind people who dent your car whilst parked. (they always leave a note, right?)

Caravans

OK, I feel a lot better now, better go & lie down....

Regards all,

M.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
1) Front fog lights,with or without headlights.
2) Defective lights.
3) Those that sit in the outside lane of a two lane motorway.
4) Those that sit in the outside lane of a dual carriageway and then turn left from that lane.
5) those that must put their off-side indicator on at a roundabout,even when going straight ahead.
6) Those that dive from the third lane,up a slip road,the same ones that come down a slip road and pull out in front of 48tonnes doing 60mph
Mike

·
Registered
29 Posts
Well if I can be a grumpy old woman for a moment...

traffic, all traffic, everything on the road apart from me...can you tell I had a bad journey to work today?

My main gripe though is tailgaters. Normally men (but I have been tailgated by women too) who seem to think its a 'game' or 'challenge' to drive as close as they can behind you. Used to get it a lot more when driving my Saxo than now in my Saab although the speed I do is the same.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Originally posted by T16Sgirl:
[qb]Used to get it a lot more when driving my Saxo than now in my Saab although the speed I do is the same.[/qb][/b]
Exactly right. I changed from Renault 5 to Saab 9-5 and found tailgating diminished by about 90% despite doing exactly the same speed in the great majority of circumstances.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Tailgaters !!!! Scum of the earth.

I mean i had some d*ckhead behind me the other day
who thought it would be a good idea to touch number plates, but when i pressed the brake to give him an idea he should back off a bit his wife
in the passenger seat is giving me the w*nker sign through the windscreen. Also people who pull out on you on roundabouts when they should give way to the right. If your gonna pull out at least have the courtesy to put your foot down so i dont hit you. And finally I can park up a the White Rose centre in Leeds and there are at least 1000 other spaces there. When i come back to my car 30 mins later some idiot has park next to mine and about three inches away so i cant get into mine. Use the other spaces first. Usually women who do this (could touch a nerve at this point) so i'll leave.

Craig M

93 Viggen

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.