Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
on the way back from b+q the scooshers started scooshing and the wipers started wiping
without any input from me...

pulled the wiper fuse and let the fluid run out..

got it home to investigate ..put the fuse back in and ..
everything normal

do I have a dodgy wiper column switch ?
(only thing I can think of ...)

back to painting...

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
It must be the ghost of your missing horses looking for another way out

Hmm strange... assuming the connectors have been disconnected from the wiper units, I can't see how they could still backfeed the wash wipe system.

Equally I wouldn't have expected it to be the stalk as it needs quite a lot of movement to actuate it.

·
Registered
494 Posts
an intermittent problem, as it sounds like you have, i would suspect either the switch itself or a short to ground. i would start with removing the switch and testing that, as it is the obvious high-wear item, check the connector at the switch as well as the wiper and washer motors for wetness/cracks/deterioration, then follow the wiring as best as you can. keep an eye out for any area that the wire takes a sharp bend or goes through a section of the body (such as where the wire feeds through to the engine compartment from the dashboard area).

run voltage and continuity checks on both power and ground wires. also, check the relay for a possible fault.

good luck and i HTH

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
If the ground/black wire in the washer pump is grounded, it will make the water come, and the washers go! check that wire, see if it has rubbed through the insulation and may come into contact sometimes (rought road.. .acceleration
etc.)
so hope that helps

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.