Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, picked up the 9000 today, it was ready sooner than expected. It turns out it's a MY1992 9000 2.3 CDT Griffin auto. All cleaned up it looks pretty good for it's age.

But one thing that concerns me is that over the last two years the car has hardly been driven.

It was last serviced in 1999 - which was a large service, since then the car hasn't yet driven it's 15,000 to 20,000 for it's next service. It was APK'd (MOTd) in December 2001, where it's kilometers were recorded as 3000 KMs less than the reading currently showing on the car.

So, over the last year the car has only done 3000 kms, and over the past 3 years 16,000kms.

Obviously I need to service the car and get another APK (MOT), but what else should be changed/checked?

·
Registered
152 Posts
I agree with Eric and would add: check the cooling system works as expected, sticky thermostats are not uncommon, check/grease the brake callipers, and remeber to flush the clutch when you change the brake fluid.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I especially agree with DrD about the sticking thermostat issue - I'm responsible for the two page epic 'Hot Topic' thread which was caused by a sticking thermostat! I'm a little unsure about flushing the clutch on an auto 'box though!

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
Just to add to this Mark,as a matter of safety it might be worth having the tyres checked out.as if it has been stood for a long time the tyres may have suffered damage at the point where they were stood.just a thought mate

1 - 6 of 6 Posts