Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took the 9000T for it's first real run out on Sunday, 120 mile round trip to see my parents, and show off the new motor (which they thought was very nice, naturally.) Great on the A38 and A50 dual carriageways down to Sutton Coldfield, love that cruise control.

Had a good blast over the A515 between Buxton and Ashbourne on the way home, including some nifty overtaking between 40 and 90 ish with 4 people and a boot full of luggage. Should have got one years ago

Now where's that number for Abbott Racing.....

P.S. I do not condone speeding, and it should not be encouraged

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
More likely to be the local breakers yard for any "improvements" to my car in the near future.

Speedparts sounds good for when I do have some cash. Shame I don't have an Aero really

How much extra power can an autobox take? Mine is on 80k and has been fully serviced (not by me ) I heard it is about 200bhp.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
I got my 2.3 auto (book=200bhp) with about 180k on the clock and the 'box gave up at about 200k. The replacement (not recon, not new) reputedly had 90k miles on it. I've since added 60k miles, about 40K+ of which have been with power at about 240+ BHP. Still seems ok.

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
The 2.3T auto kicks out 200bhp like the manual however the auto is restricted to 0.8 bar in the mid range where the manual is 1.0bar, hence peak torque is down on the auto. I'm not sure if tuners like Speedparts or Maptun etc still limit the torque but allow the boost to stay up longer (i.e. to high rpm) hence top end power is up. My understanding is that the auto box is already on the limit in the 2.3T application. If you want 150k - 200k from the auto box then I'd not go any further.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Ylee/.

Speedparts = 300 + BHP for 800 quid.. hmmmm....

Got Abbott work done last year, so around 260 BHP anyway( as you Know, only real tuning was Trionic, plus of course removing CAT, bigger exhaust, sports dump etc, manual boost valves.blah blah..

I havent got 800 quid at the moment, what therefore cold you suggest as a "top-up" performance - wise from them ( and idea of price!!)

( I know we have all been down these roads before, but maybe you are aware spefically of what these people offer) ??

Cheers,
Andy B
9000 FPT (non Aero)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.