Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Folks,

Will I have any problems going to 17" wheels on my Aero? I know the PCD is 108 but I'm not sure how far the offset can be from 30 before wheel bearing / wheel arch problems will arise. Anybody got any info to share?

·
Registered
116 Posts
I have a 405 Mi-16 with some lovely looking 17" x 7.5 alloys on it. The PCD is the same but the offset is closer to ET15-18, how would this affect the handling of the car and would it cause any adverse wear on anything? I think I may try to fit them just to see how they look, even if they do have the wrong size tyres for this car.

Lee

·
Registered
116 Posts
I lowered the MI at the time as changing the wheels really made it look like it was on stilts. I would think that it would possibly help the SAAB, anything to lower the centre of gravity, but remember that the ride will get a lot harsher. I have to admit I prefer a smooth quiet ride these days, even if the 405 did out handle the SAAB by 200%.

Lee

·
Registered
696 Posts
I'm running 7.0x17 on my 9k cse (pictures will be uploaded this week) My guess is that 40 mm lower will be possible without rubbing. But I'd like to know for sure without beeing the one to try.
Anyone out there already tried???

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.