godspeed brakes ...the picture

3K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  John Vaughan 
#1 ·
here they are

http://80.60.248.7/kevin/misc/godspeedkit.jpg

thanks km

after fitting them upside down

i can report that the power is tremendous
they have yet to bed in and I will be swapping them round and fitting custom hoses at the weekend
downside ..
they move the wheel out by about 5mm
and you lose the locating ring for the wheel so wheel fitting becomes an excersise in upperbody strength as you locate the bolts
there is no locating bolt for the discs and this impedes wheel fitting as well
and there seems to be a lot of dust already...

See less See more
#3 ·
Thats very remiss of Ian to miss out the brake locating bolt holes. The sets that Ian provided for myself and Rich W (our cars provided the templates for the c900 and 9000 brackets) both have the locating holes, I even asked for the hole to be made extra deep so that the Torx head fitted completely flush with the surface of the bell, as my aftermarket wheels have a completely flat mating surface. The problem with not having the locating bolts is that everytime the wheel is removed, the disk comes loose, allowing c**p to fall down the back between the bell and the hub.

I too find the M1144 compound pads to be very dusty.

Braking power is awesome, the only downside is going to be some repmobile going up my rear at some point.

#4 ·
Anyone found out yet if/which Godspeed kit(s) would clear the 6.5" x 16"Aero wheels? I don't feel like going to aftermarket wheels on 'an old car' (right, Maarten? ) and any bigger than 16" on a c900 (lightish weight, shortish wheelbase, narrowish track, no space in the wheelwells for any more than rubber bands on 17s) would be silly from a performance perspective, anyway...

#5 ·
I believe it might be possible using Wilwood calipers, as these are considerably thinner (but rather more expensive than) the Princess or Volvo calipers the form the bulk of the Godspeed kits. On the c900 there is considerable space to move the disk inboard before the disk contacts the lower ball joint (the 9000 doesn't have this luxury, hence the reason Ylees wheel is 5mm further out).

I should be able to measure up a friends standard car and see if there is scope to get everything to fit.

#6 ·
Confused about the Princess bit that's coming up every now and then... Princess like the wedgy BL disaster they used to build inbetween strikes (sorry for the cliché, but couldn't resist... ] during 1975-1982? AP delivered four pot brakes to that and they are supposed to be better than Saab 9000 ones? So much so that it would warrant a near-£1K conversion? OE on a car of which the fastest version took a yawning 13.5 secs to 60? Er...

[sceptical... moi?]

[edit2: so where's the next scrapyard that stockpiles cars for decades rather than crushing them? ]

#7 ·
they couldn't go fast but they stopped well !!

the other part of the kit is the discs....
the price was £700 ...bargain
(add hoses + fluid...£750 to you chief !!)
This guy supplies the scooby and evo crowd with a lot of success...
..do not knock it o skeptical one 'till you have tried it ..(in june ?)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.