Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
Just wondered if anyone had an opinion on Gmax shocks plus 40mm lowering springs? They seem quite cheap and I just wondered if they were an improvment over the standards and whether I'm gonna get blurred vision using them .
Cheers
Kev

·
Registered
722 Posts
Can i ask how much you have seen them for? I have just fitted the Bilstein Sprintline kit (at 425). This is Bilstein sports dampers and 40mm lowering springs.
The improvement is amazing. The car now has very little body roll, it probably will not go round a corner much quicker than standard, BUT it feels safe as it does. (My carly on standard set up went round corners quickly but it didnt feel safe or stable whilst doing it). It is harder causing more vibration, and to be honest I dont think the family would stick a 12 hour journey to Ireland in it.....but as I use the car for commuting and blasts it doesnt matter.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by saab90002.3t:
[qb]Kevster,

That wasnt the set of springs that are advertised on ebay ? although saying that the set on ebay were for springs only at £119.99 [/qb][/b]
I need to sleep more, them I might not make such daft mistakes. Yes it was those (fooled by the picture, damit), although they are cheeper if you go straight to the company and get them. Turns out (or at least this is what I was told) Gmax don't make shocks for saabs, which is a shame as the shocks for other makes are a good price.
Kev

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just went back through my www cash and see that the advert changed part way through from springs and dampers to just springs.....no wonder I was confused.

Still, while we are on the subject....does anyone have an opinion on the Gmax springs alone?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.