Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
and thats supposed to be an advert for their tyres?
The Volvo demolishing a pile of blocks is a particularily good argument for my money NOT going Nokian's way when it comes to replacement boots for the Griffin!

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
Well I waited, and waited, and waited, for the download...............and gave up

Anyone want to give a narative version?

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Here's an interesting track test of the Viggen:

http://www.theweekenddrive.com/reviews/onelap/onelap.html

"Virginia International Raceway is the completely rebuilt and newly opened ?motorsports country club? in the pristine hills of southern Virginia. The field of competitors began to thin here, with one of the Audi A4?s in our class losing its turbo and others failing mechanically. The Viggen was strongest here, with the first of the two timed events proving to be our best in the whole event - placing 56th overall - faster than fully half of every car in the show and finally beating the other BMW in our class, a fully race prepared 535. From Virginia on, that BMW never bested our speed on the track. Not bad for a literally showroom stock car against fully race-prepared competitors."

*insert smug Saab owner grin here*

Cheers,
Dubbya

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
Hardly an advert for controlled responsible driving either!!

And just being niggly... since I went to Ivalo last Xmas...

There's lots of snow, so one assumes it's winter... that being the case it doesn't get light until about 10am, so at 6am it would be pitch black.

-29deg C average?? Not according to when we were there. It was -25 deg C and that was apparently colder than ususal. The norm is nearer -12 deg C.

But quite fun to watch anyway.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by Mark E:
[qb]And just being niggly... since I went to Ivalo last Xmas...

There's lots of snow, so one assumes it's winter... that being the case it doesn't get light until about 10am, so at 6am it would be pitch black.

-29deg C average?? Not according to when we were there. It was -25 deg C and that was apparently colder than ususal. The norm is nearer -12 deg C.  

But quite fun to watch anyway.               [/qb][/b]
Here is little something for you.
Look at sodankylä its the nearest to ivalo.

and last january

·
Registered
11,343 Posts
Originally posted by Cosmic Blue 9-5:
[qb]Anyone want to give a narative version?    [/qb][/b]
Chap has his breakfast listening to BBC World Service. Puts on coat, goes outside, gets in Lightning blue Viggen
, puts on sunglasses and takes it out for a spin on test track at high speed round bends, into snow banks, looks like good fun, then a cone slalom, then a token german car makes an appearance, then 09CX ovloV on breaking distances crashing through foam cubes, mostly to "inspiring" instrumental backgorund audio.

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
When he's doing the slalom bit it shows an in car shot of him with a VW steering wheel in his hand
and when he first gets to the car the windows are clear, not bad to say it's -29 and it's nice to see he lets his Saab warm up before nailing it

Good video
I want a go

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
Originally posted by /john:
[qb]Chap has his breakfast listening to BBC World Service.  Puts on coat, goes outside, gets in Lightning blue Viggen  
  , puts on sunglasses and takes it out for a spin on test track at high speed round bends, into snow banks, looks like good fun, then a cone slalom, then a token german car makes an appearance, then 09CX ovloV on breaking distances crashing through foam cubes, mostly to "inspiring" instrumental backgorund audio. [/qb][/b]
Wow /john, thanks

Its just like I'm there

1 - 12 of 12 Posts