Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a little snippet of video of me getting a little out of shape at Woodcote corner and the Chicane

(Both about 1.4Mb for 23 seconds)
Windows Media
Real Video

Thanks to Ylee Coyote for the camera work. I should have some incar footage of that, aswell. I'll see if I can find it.

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
just been analysing in slo mo....
(through the camara shake ...)
you had quite a lot of lock on as you slid over the rummble strips !!
now if you had not wound it off....

that was a close one !!

·
Registered
11,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ylee - I have another piece of footage that you took of my car on Woodcote and a similar thing happens - and you give a little chuckle

The problem was that we had that big shower at lunchtime. The track had pretty much dried out at all except Lavant and Woodcote. Two successive laps I did this and was fortunate ...so we wound the speed right down the third time.

Here's some analysis of the footage.

·
Registered
11,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by 9-3 Tid:
[qb]Nice car control , the chassis of your 9-3 looks very neutral also .    
  [/qb][/b]
Eibach springs and dampers. No other modifications on the suspension.

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
Intersting incar viewing... Bet BillJ's will be too.

You certainly seem to be using a lot more lock, with very little result, that I did!!!

Andrew

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Looks strangely familiar to the things that happen on the Ring! Appears to me you were still in complete control, just on the edge of it! Great job!

·
Registered
963 Posts
For some reason the external vid didn't work for me, but the inside one looks like you had a bit of fun there

edit: ah, worked the 2nd time. Well held that man

·
Registered
11,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks, chaps.

Apologies to KevBu who was in the car with me on those laps. I hope I did not unsettle him.

It is strange, at the time I knew that I had entered the corner too fast for the conditions (we knew from the previous lap that this part of the track was still damp). Having said that, whilst the car was in a bit of a sideways slide and there was plenty of tyre-squeal, I did not feel panicked about it, ...I just concentrated on looking where I wanted the car to go and then gave the front wheels some adjustment as the rear wheel traversed the kerb.

Fortunately for us, the car continued in the direction intended The third approach to this corner was much slower

Thanks to Jase, KevBu, Munki and JezF who all trusted me to get the car around the circuit in one piece

·
Registered
11,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Certainly, Bill's experience was a little hairy. He showed me the video on the day after it had happened.

I must have been about half a lap behind him (or ahead, depending on your point of view ) and as I came around St. Mary's I noticed the Stage three silver tractor doing it's job.

The Aero was moving back towards the track, so I figured he was OK - it was not until later when I saw the video. Like Bill says, a miss is as good as a mile - and we are all pleased that Bill missed by a small mile

·
Registered
86 Posts
Originally posted by /john:
[qb]Thanks, chaps.

Apologies to KevBu who was in the car with me on those laps.      I hope I did not unsettle him.

Thanks to Jase, KevBu, Munki and JezF who all trusted me to get the car around the circuit in one piece  
[/qb][/b]
No way!! that was a fun drive /john thank YOU. As I said, that really made my day. That was the first time round Goodwood for me and I had no idea where the track went, when you were going to brake or how fast we were going to take corners

Thats why out of pit lane and flat out around back of the track came as quite a surprise to me, but it was big fun.
I was very confident in the car with you driving, but that was a 50p-20p moment (if anyone knows what that means )

I think the bug may have struck, maybe next trackday....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts