Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 9000(1995) problem is i wired up my new stereo and wanted to put in my amp that came from my old car!!!! here's where the problem arose how on earth can you get the battery(live) feed through from the interior of the car to the battery in the engine bay?. Of all my cars i've ever owned this is the most air tight i've found to date can't find any gaps etc.... i've searched high and low and i'm worried the dash might have to come out anyone got any ideas please!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Hi Andy, I guess you have the added problem of the fusebox being in the passenger footwell... It's behind this that I have put the wiring through the bulkhead on my last three 9000's, without fuseboxes i'll admit. There is a large (approx' 2" dia.) bung in the bulkhead in this location that comes out below the fuel filter in the engine bay. Even on cars without the fusebox it's a bit of a reach, so it might be rather difficult on your car.
HTH.

Nick.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Originally posted by Andy M:
[qb]been there found lots of wiring and very tight gaps but all that high that they all seem right behind the dash?? [/qb][/b]
But if you remove the top of the dash, then the higher up the better for reaching the wire. You should be able to get a cable through where the others have said.

·
Registered
277 Posts
On my 91 9000 Theres a kindof grommet thing right above and to the left of the pedals with a bunch of factory wires going through it, which is where I ran the wires for my amps. It's more visible if you remove the molded carpet peice that goes back from the bottom of the steering wheel. Don't know if it would be there on a 95 MY . Hope that helps.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts