Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lotus owners seem to rave about the results of a geometry check, though I have yet to do it on my Elise.

Can the same be done for a Saab, or are they not that adjustable?

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
I don't think you'll find that the 9000 has the range of adjustments that are availible on such machinery as the Elise. If it is possible then I think that it would be a case of placing shims in the appropriate places as there is nothing other than straightforward tracking toe in/out AFAIK.

Nick.

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
I replied to this before but my post seems to have dissapeared

Anyway Nick is correct unfortunately the 9000 is not adjustable only toe is.
Unless you feel you have a problem with your car a computerised 4-wheel alignment would be a waste of money The cost of a alignment check varies between £40-£140 depending on machine/garage used but in the main £80-£100.
I am having big probs with my 9-5 at the moment and I'm on my 5th alignment and have around 6 hours labour involved just to get the rear camber and toe right after lowering my car and fitting 17" alloys so just imagine if I had to pay for all this

I'm sure I've got it right now and will give it the sixth alignment some time this week (hopefully)

Edit: all the probs are because the Modern Saabs are non-adjustable The rear toe on the 9-5 is but not enough was available for my set up.

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
The 99's and C900 had full adjustments, and there is a well used 'Turbo' spec that the american have developed and love (see here and here ).

I'm not to sure what can be done with a 9000...

Andrew

·
Registered
138 Posts
My 9000 had heaps of +ve camber on the left rear wheel (must have had a clout at some stage in it's earlier life). Would be nice to be able to get a bit more -ve on the front of the 9-5 to keep the outside edges of the front (esp. left) tyres from wearing away long before the rest of the tyre.

Mike

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
Deemon Tweeks also sell the Magic camber bolts and might be an easier option than trying to get some from Speedparts! Unless there UK outlet is willing to start selling them?

Edit: is it Tweeks or Tweaks??

1 - 9 of 9 Posts