Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My gearbox has whined for a while now. Finally took it in to the garage - pinnion bearings(?)worn. Not bad but Under warranty they will strip and rebuild gearbox(or a company in North Wales will anyway). Would it be worth asking them how worn the clutch is(can you tell?) and replacing that at the same time?
Should I get them to do anything else when the 'box is out?
Car has 104k on the clock and FSH.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Certainly have the clutch, release bearing and pressure plate replaced. Also the slave cylinder is within the bell housing so it might save expense long term to get that replaced also. My box came off for a rebuild recently so I had it all done.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They said they would do slave too (forhot to add sorry!)but no mention of clutch. Unless its broken(it ain't)I will have to purchase my own clutch. Prices? Would a 'performance' clutch be worthwhile (aim to tune car in new year). I presume since everything is out labour will be very little?

·
Registered
8,216 Posts
Originally posted by WindyH:
[qb]Certainly have the clutch, release bearing and pressure plate replaced[/qb][/b]
When I broke my Aero engine about 18 months ago, I had them put a new clutch in instead of putting the old one back in. I think the cost was £115 + VAT, i.e. just the cost of the clutch kit and no labour.

They could tell, apparently, that the clutch was about 2/3 worn. Not surprising after about 135K miles at the time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.