Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to replace the joiner between the gearbox linkages and the gearbox as the rubber component of the mechanism has been softened by oil.

Looking on the web sites of different parts suppliers I can find the old style of rubber joiner which is rectanglar in shape with two studs facing in one direction and another two studs facing the other direction. This part is listed for models 88 to 98.

However, my car has the later version of the joiner which is shaped like a small universal joint and I can't see how the rubber blocks mentioned above could be used unless I acquire an older joint to use them with.

I would appreciate the advice of owners who have replaced this joint. Thanks.

·
Registered
8,216 Posts
I acquired the old type of joint and had a new rubber block fitted. I seem to remember that the other type is quite expensive.

It also made life a lot easier recently when I had to remove and replace the gearbox. It's a lot easier to undo the nuts and separate the older type of joint than it is to separate the new joint from the gearbox.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I eventually tracked down the new type of coupler from Europarts ( part 4477147) for $43.20 US dollars with free shipping within USA.

I also purchased a new seal that fits into the gearbox where the gear linkage shaft enters the gearbox for $10 US.

I wasn't looking forward to installing the parts due to the restricted space but as my clutch failed today I will replace these parts when the gearbox is out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.