Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1993 CSE 2.3FTP Manual

Clutch replaced Dec 2004.

Recently 2nd gear is popping out on decelleration. 4th gear occassionally. Overall gearchange seems a bit sloppy. Have put cable ties round the rubber linkage at the bulkhead however no difference except the shift feels a bit tighter.There is play fore and aft in the main link rod assemby. Is this normal?

Gearbox has polybush mounting. The box has done 206k without being opened. Is it finally giving up the ghost or do I need to renew any linkage stuff first to eliminate?

Sorry should have posted this in 9000 forum. Can someone oblige and move it? Ta.

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
erm..
sounds like the circlip has gone
does the gear lever move back and forth when you come on and off the gas in gear 2 /3/4 ?
If it does then its re-build time
btw neo bros have(or had ) '93 gearboxes ..new !!!
for less than £500..very negotiable for callers with cash allegedly
would not normally recommend them but for new...

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Ylee - my lever moves back and forth, but doesnt jump ot... i think mine might be engine mounts... by around the end of this week the Aero will hit 100,000 KMs

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
Depends on how much it moves
when the circlip has gone it moves violently back and forth by a fair old bit
...you know that something is wrong also changing gears it feels "funny "

worn mounts it can move around a fair bit but not so violently
hth

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by ylee coyote:
[qb]erm..
sounds like the circlip has gone
does the gear lever move back and forth when you come on and off the gas in gear  2 /3/4 ?
If it does then its re-build time
[/qb][/b]
Lever does seem to lurch a bit back and forth now. Will check out those boxes I think.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Okay I have bit the bullet and now have a new box in a wooden Saab crate in the garage. (courtesy of Neo Bros and TNT.

Never had a virgin box before and I want to make sure that all the right things are done. Given that it is the GM75701 (non drain plug type) I take it that there are no special "running in" lubes / procedures.. just straight to the Mazola corn oil??

·
Registered
52 Posts
Well done Deebel. Dads Aero has had his new 'Neo' box for over a month now and it has transformed the car. Didn't realise how loud these pinions were sounding to everyone else. Changed the gearbox mount to poly at the same time. New clutch kit and slave cylinder at the same time to make sure the box doesn't come out again too soon.
Sometimes it's good to have the older type gearbox

1 - 7 of 7 Posts