Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bit of a rant really...

Isnt it just like Saab to charge you £70 quid odd for a complete gearbox end plate when all you want to do is change a £10 piece of rubber (ie the Gearbox bushing)...

Abbott must be laughing all the way to the bank with their cheaper yet higher performance solution of replacement poly bushes... Theyre certainly getting my moolah...

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
My understanding is that the bush itself was available on its on but that many end plates were being cracked pressing the old bush out and the new in that they stopped supply the bush seperately. On the later gearboxes the bush is held to the plate via a bracket which unbolts hence no problem to change the bush.

Dont be offended but do you really need a new bush, I changed mine and it made bu88er all difference The old end plate and bush were sent away for Superflex to develop a bush for that application - not sure if they have done it yet or not.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dont be offended but do you really need a new bush[/b]
Pretty sure... its visably mullahed and, although there are other bushes that could be replaced before the gearbox one, as the gearbox is coming out to change one of the bearings anyway, it seemed a wise time to change the bush..

·
Registered
8,216 Posts
Originally posted by Skiddins:
[qb]P.S. Hope you don't mind the link BillJ[/qb][/b]
If I minded, I'd have to take my site down

Abbott will soon be releasing the transmission mount for the '94-on gearbox. I hope to have the first one

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Abbott only do the gearbox bushes for pre93 models,one of which is at this very moment winging its way in my direction, but apparently are developing one for the 94-98 models...

They also seem to be the only source of the bushes without the attached end-plate, rubber or Polyurethane..

I spoke to the chap at Superflex yesterday and he said they are about 6mths off releasing their gearbox bush...

·
Registered
8,216 Posts
Originally posted by Ed Bearder ('89 Abbott'd Carlsson):
[qb]Abbott only do the gearbox bushes for pre93 models,one of which is at this very moment winging its way in my direction, but apparently are developing one for the 94-98 models...[/qb][/b]
I believe it's imminent.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts