Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I would really appreciate it if someone could advise how I remove the gear stick gaiter (the leather cover thing) from my manual 2005 55 plate Saab 93 1.9 TiD.

The leather is worn and is in need of replacement.

Many Thanks

·
Registered
201 Posts
I would think it's attached to the underside of the console cover. You'll need to remove this and the gear knob to get at it (presuming it can be detached). According to WIS removing the gear knob is a rather complex process that involves drilling a hole and inserting a screw to act as a puller. It's then refitted using thread lock. Oddly, mine simply launches itself into space once in a while so a good tug may pull it off (ooh, err, missus :)). The centre console cover is simply pried out. I've managed to save the instructions to PDF but they're to big to upload. If you PM me your email address I'll send them over.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I would think it's attached to the underside of the console cover. You'll need to remove this and the gear knob to get at it (presuming it can be detached). According to WIS removing the gear knob is a rather complex process that involves drilling a hole and inserting a screw to act as a puller. It's then refitted using thread lock. Oddly, mine simply launches itself into space once in a while so a good tug may pull it off (ooh, err, missus :)). The centre console cover is simply pried out. I've managed to save the instructions to PDF but they're to big to upload. If you PM me your email address I'll send them over.
Hi, how do you remove the centre console cover..?? I have a SAAb 93 1.8t convertible 2006....with a tatty gaiter, I can get the gear know off.. just need to check or how to prise center cover off the has base of gear gaiter... Thanks....any suggestions anyone...?
Also how do you remove the radio unit..??

1 - 3 of 3 Posts