Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whilst planning my assault on the engine and gearbox mounts I thought I would replace the gearlink bush at the same time.
I have had a good browse through the site and can find the general info. to get me started but 1st off, I have ordered this part:

This apparently does all models (pre and post 1994 (and mine is a 1996)
But when I checked out quasimotors site, I saw the image below stated for the later models:

This looks to me to be pretty different from the earlier model (pre-1994)shown below.

I can picture the part I bought fitting pre-1994 but not post '94.
Unfortunatley I will not see the car for a week or so to check the link I actually have - Can anyone confirm I have at least got the correct part?
Also - the job itself sounds like a bit of a mare, but I've read the old posts on this and will be prepared for the worst with the tapered pin...

The other thing I wanted to ask is that BillJ was performing some sort of Saab 'fix' to the gear link at the same time and I was wondering whether this was related to the buzzing noise I get around the gear stick area if I floor it in 2nd?
Any ideas - especially from someone who has changed the gearlink bush on a post 1994 car - are welcome!!!

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah - so did you find the correct part? If so what was it?
I know you can buy the Saab part for post '94 at about 80 notes, but this is the full knuckle assembly as you show in the pic., not just the rubber bush.
There must be an OEM supplier for +94 somewhere?
I better get my order cancelled...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.