Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all

Today i revieved my replacement "leather" gear knob from elk parts which after replacing, i have two problems.

1.I used a rubber hammer to put the new knob on as it is a tight fit. Suprisingly with hindsight 5th gear is now very lose to 3rd!! what am i to do and more importantly how much?

2 the crappy replacement gearknob circa GM(not leather) immediately started to fall apart in so much as the fabric(leather) at the bottom wasn't tucked up well enough and is hanging loose.Any ideas apart from clumsy glueing?

After using a hacksaw i now have a gash on my picky nose finger down to the bone,this isn't my ******* hand so not as bad as it first looked when i had the carnage of fatty deposits all over my centre console.

The thing that really pisses me off is that Saab(GM) again lived down to my expectations by delivering a gearknob(leather) which no other manufacturer let alone BM,MERC Lexus would ever supply.

Please any ideas etc about the gears

Regards Tonker

ps if anyone wants to trade work/servicing etc for free flying lessons this can be arranged(Yorks Lincs area)

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
I replaced my leather one with a nice Saab leather one, which one did you get?

Pity you're just that bit far away, I don't need the flying lessons (already licensed), just the keys to the wings thanks

David.

·
Registered
461 Posts
A very funny post Tonker - I hope it was meant to be

Have you thought about contacting Elkparts?

They won't be able (I don't suppose) to help with your picky-finger (you could try growing the nail on your little finger in the interim), but if you are unhappy with the quality of an Elkparts supplied part, firstly you'd be unusual here, and secondly, I bet they'd like to know.

Carl

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.