Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Any one know a good supplier of gauges and gauge mounts/holders? I like the dials in my uncles 900 T16 Aero S which I'm using whilst my 9000 is off the road.

I'm not sure what gauges to get yet, but I like the idea of filling up one of the free DIN spaces and this way what I fill the space with will do something.

Cheers,

Rich

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
Hi Rich,

You'll occasionally see a set of pukka Saab gauges (normally outside temp, volts & oil pressure) on eBay or perhaps the SOC site, but they're not that common. There is an alternative though- the gauges are VDO, badged Saab, indeed it may well be that not all gauges supplied in Saabs were Saab badged. The only difference will be whether they say "Saab" or "VDO" at the bottom.

Use Google to do a search on "VDO gauges" and you will find suppliers of the gauges and suitable DIN adaptors.

HTH

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
SAS in the States do the DIN plates for not much cash and also the gauges and senders. Might be worth a look especially while the $ is so low against the £ . Don't forget import duty tho' . In the UK Merlin Motorsport stock the gauges (VDO Vision range).

When I did mine in the C900 I ended with the DIN plate from SAS, the gauges from Merlin and the senders sourced from SAAB via Elkparts .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.