Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all, i sent out a new topic late last night and for whatever reason its not showing up today...so heres my questions, i just got a boost gauge for me 2001 9-3 SE and want to get two more gauges to fill a custom bracket im making. what would be my next best two gauges to get........second.. i got the optiflow intake kit, now whats my next best upgrade besides reprograming the ECU? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
EGT if possible (difficult to instal probe) ... and I'd like to see someone running an intake temperature gauge. Very pertinent information in the intake temperature. Tells you a lot about how your car will probably run. (Hot air means it will probably be more likely to pull ignition timing from detonation, and run less power.)

But if not that, perhaps a coolant temp gauge. (IMHO a coolant temp gauge makes an oil temp gauge superfluous except in extreme conditions since the oil is cooled by the coolant in an heat-exchanger.)

Also consider, voltmeter, amp meter, oil pressure, and wideband a/f gauges.

Dubbya~

·
Registered
165 Posts
Depends on where you are mounting the 3-pod.

If A-Pillar, get stuff that would be useful to know as you drive: add EGT and wideband a/f.

If dash, get meters that will help diagnose probs: add Oil Press and volts. BTW.. boost should go on A-Pillar, replace with fuel pressure.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts